- The presenter has the answer to the group’s questions
- ·Implying that the expertise lies with the presenter, rather than the group, unconsciously disempowering the group
- Collaborative Leadership: supporting management and directors who understand that harnessing group working creates a stronger, more focused organisation with rewards for all stakeholders.
- Vision to Action: our unique formats for creating vision and understanding how to take the vision off the shelf and into committed action.
- Team Performance: an in-depth exploration of how to sustain trust, commitment and momentum in groups of all types and in all sectors of an organisation.
Some really interesting research released today by CIPD in their Employee Outlook 2015 Survey got me thinking...again!
In the survey, "around 50% of the 2,226 respondents described their organisation culture as 'a formalised and structured place to work, where procedures govern what people do and hold people together." (more…)
Meeting Magic has been facilitating meetings for large organisations for 14 years. During this time, I've had numerous conversations with clients and participants about the meetings in their organisations. These usually result in the person ranting about how much they dislike the meeting culture in their business. I've worked with so many different people from different sectors that I've concluded that there is a universal business issue: meetings often don't mean enough for businesses to invest in them. (more…)
'Talk between two or more people, in which thoughts, feelings and ideas are expressed, questions are asked and answered or news and information are exchanged'(more…)