I am just back from speaking at a conference for the Meeting Industry Association. Most of the delegates were sales and marketing representatives from meeting venues.
Through the course of the morning, I gleened some interesting statistics, that I thought I would share:
- The UK Conference and business events industry is worth £18.8bn
- In 2009 there were approximately 1.32 events, with 94 million attendee
- There are an average of 379 events per venue in the UK (>1 per day!)
- Each event has an average of 71 people – much higher than I would have guessed
- 61% business events are held in hotels