What’s really going on in your meetings?
- Do you have a sense they could be better but don’t know exactly where to start or what might help?
- Feel like you’re not getting the best out of how you collaborate but don’t know how to change it up?
- Want to get some ideas before committing to something bigger or longer-term with your team?
We can help!
Provide a video of one of your regular meetings (or at least the beginning and the end), we’ll have a look, and give you a detailed report with some quick and easy-to-apply ideas to improve your everyday meetings, immediately.
We’ll also offer some pointers for how you might like to work on this in an ongoing way.
Or, if you’re clear about what you need, choose from the options below:
When you have an important meeting where the stakes are high, or you just want to be part of an effective everyday meeting, we can work alongside you to design, facilitate and document by providing:
- Meeting agenda design & facilitation – guiding how people work together to get the most from every session
- Digital support – handling all the ‘technical stuff’ in virtual or blended meetings so you don’t need to worry about it
- Graphic recording – producing real-time visuals and graphics to support the work in the group
Meeting mentoring – supporting you to do it, better
When you want a meeting or workshop you’re leading to be magical, could use someone to be your wing-person and want to to learn as you go, we can support you with:
- Co-design – we work behind the scenes with you to develop a creative and robust design for your session
- Co-facilitation – we can support you in your session, technically or otherwise, from the co-pilot’s seat
The act of convening a group is an act of leadership. It takes courage, skill and a good dose of humility, to enable people to work effectively.
And when we do it together, it’s magic!
We have extensive experience of designing and facilitating all kinds of meetings and workshops including: team building; project kick-offs; strategic planning; innovation and creativity forums; partnership and multi-stakeholder meetings – either internally or between different companies; learning sessions. You name it, we’ve probably done it.
We can bring all this to support you, at whatever level of involvement you need from us.
Working with large groups
There is huge potential power in convening a large group of people. The power lies in the breadth of work that is possible in a large group and the impact this can have. Unleashing this potential requires a different way of working though, that traditional conferencing and standard meeting practice does not achieve.
Typically, in business meetings or conferences, when >20 people get together, the focus is on finding inspirational speakers to motivate people by sharing their stories. Or spending time presenting updates and sharing information with each other. Whilst powerful stories can spark interest and inspire people, listening is too passive to create any sustainable changes in behaviour and, therefore, any sustainable impact in a team or an organisation.
The power of a large group lies not only in scale, but also in the ability to involve the whole group, bring together diverse perspectives, and enable work on complex organisational challenges.
Features of large group intervention’s include:
- They are part of a journey. They are not just isolated events, but part of an overall process, with work leading into and out of them.
- The collaboration starts before the event. How the event is designed and prepared for is part of the intervention – preparing the ground by engaging people appropriately.
- They focus on real work & learning from the work. The design is aimed at harnessing the wisdom of the group to do work that no one individual could do. The nature of working this way means everyone in the system participates, contributes and learns.
There is an art and science to working with large groups that is different from small group facilitation.
Whether it’s using an existing approach like Open Space Technology, World Cafés, Geek Speed Sessions, Future Searches or designing something entirely tailored, we are equipped to do what’s needed to ignite the power in large groups.
Sarah’s strengths are communication — engaging people in supportive and dynamic ways t ...
An engineering graduate with a corporate background, Katherine founded Meeting Magic in 19 ...
Over 25 years of experience in organisational development, practised leadership expertise, ...
You’ve brought to life, in a very practical way, what I believe is a better way to work.