Whoever you are, and whatever work you do, you probably work in groups. You certainly also recognise that groups are where work gets done in organisations and how change happens in communities!
The solutions to the complex challenges of our modern world lie in our collective intelligence, so most enlightened people and forward-thinking leaders see the value in becoming more skilled and intentional about how they work in & with groups, both online and face-to-face.
As a result, many of the people we work with are keen to broaden their horizons, to improve their own capability, and to support the growth of others.
We’re delighted to be a part of that.
A closer look
There is no one thing that offers a solution or brings the magic to group work.
It’s part science, part art: alchemy.
We’ve developed a suite of offerings that explores different aspects of working in groups:
- Knowledge – interactive webinars that share theories, models and practical techniques
- Skills – workshops that, in addition to the above, are aimed at developing skills
- Presence – learning labs, which include all that webinars and workshops offer and are also an experiential deep dive, aimed at raising ‘awareness of self in groups’ and the impact we have in our presence.
Our approach combines the best of theories & mental models, practical tools & techniques, supported experimentation, shared & individual experience, intra & inter-personal reflection, applied practice, and quality feedback.
Our experiential learning approach allows learners to address some or all of the the four dimensions of working in groups.
The beauty of this approach is in its inclusivity – you can access the learning no matter what level of experience you bring to it – and we believe the impact can be profound.
Who’s it for?
Not everyone. Only people who are keen to learn…
We create experiential learning spaces designed to optimise the diversity of the groups and create just enough disruption and “safe” discomfort to facilitate true learning.
Most often we work with clients who:-
- Are OD or L&D consultants, either internal or external
- Want to develop capability in collaborative leadership
- Are involved in organisational change
- Are part of cross-functional teams and project groups
- Focus on partnership working, either with others in their organisation or across organisations
- Lead or participate in a lot of meetings and/or workshops
- Want to have an impact in the world!
Collaborating effectively and working well in groups is a skill. Some might even argue that, in the world today, it’s a critical skill.
Like all skills, it’s something that can be learned and practiced and, the more we practice the better we’re likely to become at it. Even with decades of experience under our belts, we aren’t convinced it can truly ever be mastered but we’ve dedicated our lives to trying. We’d love you to join us in this!
Find the right option for you…
Learn essential principles & practices of effective group work and facilitation, including in online spaces. This workshop is for you if you want to lead and work more collaboratively in groups and would like to consolidate, formalise and build confidence with practical skills and techniques to do this, virtually or face-to-face. This 2-day workshop (currently offered as 4 online sessions) can also be tailored for an intact team or a group of leaders.
In these 2-hour online webinars we focus in on specific aspects of working with groups in online meetings: trust, large groups, visual working and conflict. Experience what’s possible when we unlock the power inherent in meetings by honing and harnessing these dimensions. These sessions are both practical and thought-provoking.
If you are working in and with complexity and are keen to fine-tune and take your skills to the next level, this 2-day experiential workshop (currently offered as four virtual sessions) is designed to support your ongoing development. Together we create an opportunity to learn more – through our real-time experiences – about the mindset, skillset and toolset required to lead and work effectively online (and off) in teams and diverse groups.
We are often asked to draw on our experience with groups and leadership, in support of individual development.
A 1:1 mentoring and coaching relationship is one way of establishing this impactful and personalised learning dynamic. Our approach is tailored to meet individual needs, in consultation with you.
Open Programmes Dates for 2020
- Collaborating Online with Confidence Workshop – 4 sessions – 4th, 7th, 11th and 15th December 2020 – Find out more
- Ignite – A programme of personal leadership development – 3rd March – 26th May 2021 – Find out more
- Complex Collaboration Learning Lab – 4 sessions – dates tbc 2021 – Contact us for details
- Virtual Collaboration Online Bite-sized Workshops – 2 sessions – 11th & 15th January 2021 – Find out more
- Special Focus Webinars – Trust, Visual Working, Large Groups, Conflict – Find out more
Over 25 years of experience in organisational development, practised leadership expertise, ...
An engineering graduate with a corporate background, Katherine founded Meeting Magic in 19 ...
Sarah’s strengths are communication — engaging people in supportive and dynamic ways t ...
I would highly recommend the Meeting Magic learning lab…I joined the lab expecting to learn new skills and gain some practical tools for effective collaboration – which I did.
But I also gained so much more than that. The immersive experience and reflective space left me questioning everything I thought I knew about collaboration.
I also came away with a community of fellow collaborators from across sectors and countries.
It was an invaluable experience and I really cannot recommend Katherine and Kenda enough to anyone who facilitates (or attends) meetings in the course of their work.
Interim Chief Operating Officer